Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tracing

J doesn't have good fine motor control so we practice tracing. I'd love for her to start working on writing her name by next year. This is the book we are working through.




The first few tracing lessons are very straight or slightly curved lines following a dashed line. She did pretty good.  This we did a few months ago.


She still has trouble staying on the track, but is still doing awesome as it gets harder and harder. I do tell her where to start and show her the path to take with my finger before I let her loose. When I don't give her that instruction, she doesn't want to try. But the idea is to get her better control of the small muscles in her hands so I'm fine with helping her along a bit.


This is getting very difficult and we'll try this one another day.  :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment